Hourly College Admissions Consultations with Ivy League Experts
All of our admissions consulting services are available on an ala carte basis. You can work with one of our elite admissions coaches to gain valuable help on individual parts of your college applications. Whether you need assistance with your admissions essays, help deciding which schools are best for you, or you are just looking for expert advice on how to build your leadership experience, Ivy Academic Prep is here to help. Our ala carte services are perfect for students who need quick help with one or two parts of their college applications and for students who are on a limited budget. Advising sessions take place via Skype or telephone and are supplemented with email and text messages as needed.
Key Benefits of Admissions Counseling
- Expert advice and comprehensive support from an admissions counselor for every stage of the admissions process. Assistance choosing the best schools for you.
- Help discovering your “hook” for your admissions essays and assistance with the editing process.
- Planning of extracurricular activities and strategies for making you stand out from the crowd.
- Review of application materials and expert guidance to ensure that your applications represent your very best self.
- We don’t sugarcoat our advice. Your counselor will give you an honest and strategic assessment of your application materials and your chances of being admitted to particular schools.
One-on-One Coaching When you Need It
- You will be teamed up with an expert admissions counselor who will answer your specific questions and give you expert advice about the college admissions process. An admissions coach is ready to help you when you need it most.
- An admissions counselor can evaluate your academic history, discuss your goals with you, and give actionable insights on the process of choosing schools that are the best fit for you.
- You and your counselor can discuss your academic and career goals and determine which programs, majors, and departments are right for you. You’ll also have help planning for your long-term career goals and finding a program that will put you on the path to professional success.
- Preparing college applications can be confusing and complex. It is also a stressful and time-consuming process. By working with an admissions counselor at Ivy Academic Prep, you can ask our expert counselors questions and gain confidence in your understanding of the intricacies of the college application. Our admissions counselors can explain confusing concepts to you such as early admissions, early action, the Common Application, standardized tests, waitlists, and priority deadlines.
- Not sure which schools to apply to or which financial aid packages are right for you? An admissions counselor gives you personalized, expert advice so that you can make a sound decision.
- Confused about what a “Common Application” is and how to approach it strategically? An admissions counselor can give you peace of mind by answering your questions and giving you key insights on creating a Common Application that shines.
- Working with an admissions counselor from Ivy Academic Prep gives you an introspective push to help you express yourself rather than trying to fit you into a mold. Our goal is to help you express yourself and show your prospective schools what your passions are.
- An admissions counselor can help you figure out what your essay “hook” is. In order to create an application that stands out from the crowd and catches the eye of your dream school, you’ll need unique presentation of yourself that tells your story through your admissions essay. Your admissions coach can help you through this process of self-discovery that will give your essays that competitive edge.
Stand Out From the Crowd
- An admissions counselor from Ivy Academic Prep can help you choose extracurricular activities that will enhance your chances of admission success. We help you discover how your extracurricular activities can help you build upon your strengths, minimize your weaknesses as an applicant, and be transformed into a “hook” for your admissions essay.
- Your counselor can also help you plan your summer activities including assisting you with applications for summer programs and giving expert advice on creating your resume.
Extracurricular Activities and Summer Plans
- Your admissions counselor will help you to craft winning college essays that will highlight your story and impress your dream school. Writing your essay is your chance to stand out from the crowd and you’ll receive actionable advice on how to make your essay tell your story with passion and professionalism.
- You and your admissions counselor can work together to determine what your “hook” is that makes you unique and brainstorm ideas for your essays.
- You can meet with an admissions counselor for one-on-one Skype sessions to review and edit your essays. The admissions counselors at Ivy Academic Prep give your essays extensive personalized attention including content critiques and editorial input. During the writing process your counselor can help you brainstorm ideas and answer your questions so that you can write with confidence. Essay editing services are essential for ensuring that your essays are impressively written, free from errors, and that they represent you at your very best.
Expert Admissions Essays
- You can work with an admissions coach to review your current and future curriculum.
- We can help you decide which courses to take, and which to avoid, in order to maximize your chances of admissions success.
Taking the Right Classes
- Your admissions counselor can work with you when it is time to submit your applications. You counselor will review your applications to ensure that they are filled out in an effective and complete.
Submitting Your Application
- Your admissions counselor will help you decide which standardized tests to take such as the SAT, the ACT, and subject specific tests. Your counselor can also give you advice on when to schedule those exams.
- Ivy Academic Prep also offers one-on-one test preparation tutoring to students who want to improve their test scores (tutoring services are sold separately). Click here to learn more about out tutoring services.
Strategizing for Standardized Tests
- We welcome the participation and questions of parents as well. Choosing the right schools, planning for financial aide, determining when and how to plan college visits, and finding an educational environment where a student can thrive are big decisions that often require the wisdom and input of the whole family. Parents can work with on of our expert admissions counselors to learn how to help their child navigate the admissions process.