College Admissions Evaluation Services with Ivy League Experts
With an admission evaluation report and counseling session, one of our expert admissions coaches will review your application materials and educational history and help you craft a plan for admissions success. We give you an in-depth analysis of your strengths, weaknesses, and a one-on-one session with one of our admissions counselors. This admissions evaluation service is perfect for students who are self-motivated for admissions success but who want an expert to review and assess your college candidacy before sending in your application.
What to Expect
When you purchase the Admissions Evaluation Service from Ivy Academic Prep, one of our elite admissions counselors will take an in-depth look at your application materials. This service takes place in four steps:
- In order to give you an honest assessment and the best evaluation possible, your Admissions Evaluation begins with learning more about you. Your counselor will ask you (and your parents, if desired) to fill out an admissions questionnaire. We will ask you what schools you want to attend, what kind of college experience you want, what your strengths and weaknesses are, and other relevant information about your admissions goals such as what majors and careers you are interested in. Your counselor will also examine your academic records, your resume or list of extracurricular activities, your standardized test scores, and any other relevant academic records. Lastly, your counselor will also look at any application materials you have filled out and read up to two admissions essays that you have written.
- After carefully reviewing your application materials, assessing your interests and preferences, and reading your admission essays, your counselor will give you a detailed written assessment of your college candidacy. This includes not only an evaluation of your current standing but it will also include suggestions for how to further showcase your strengths in your application and essays and how to improve upon your weaknesses.
- Then, you and your counselor will meet for a one-on-one Skype conversation to go over your Admissions Evaluation and discuss your candidacy for college. This is a two-hour session where you and your counselor will take an in-depth look at your strengths and weaknesses as an applicant. During this time you can also ask about the admissions process, strategize how to improve your candidacy with the help of your counselor, and gain actionable insights on how to move forward and apply to college with confidence. Parents are welcome to join this conversation if they wish.
- After your initial consultation, you will then schedule a one-hour follow-up meeting via Skype to discuss your progress and address any lingering questions or concerns. If you require additional help, for example if you would like your counselor to look at more of your essays or if you have decided to apply to additional schools, your counselor is available to you for an hourly fee. Click here to learn more about our hourly ala carte services. If you need help studying for your SAT, ACT, or other standardized tests related to college admissions, you can also work with one of our elite test prep tutors for an additional charge. Click here to learn more about our one-on-one test preparation tutoring.
Additional Benefits of an Admissions Evaluation
- We will work with you to discover exactly what kind of college experience you want to have. Every student is different which means that some students will thrive in big schools that are bustling with diversity and activities, others will feel at home in small liberal arts colleges where close personal bonds can be formed, and others want only the most rigorous and academically demanding programs. Our goal is to recommend schools that are the best fit for you so that you can get the most out of your college experience.
- We can answer your questions about early admissions, waiting lists, and communicating your admission decisions.
- Your counselor gives you an honest and strategic assessment of your chances of being admitted to particular schools. Many schools are extremely competitive and we will help you develop a robust list of schools to apply to so that your chances of admissions success are maximized and tailored to fit you.
- You will receive feedback on your leadership experience and participation on extracurricular activities. If needed, your counselor can give you suggestions on how to improve upon your weaknesses or enhance your strengths in this area of your application.
- If you don’t already have a “hook,” or a unique presentation of yourself that tells your story through your admissions essay, your admissions coach can help you brainstorm ideas that will give your essays that competitive edge.
- Your counselor gives two of your essays personalized attention including content critiques and editorial input. This written feedback will help you to craft essays that are beautifully written and that represent you at your best. If you want your counselor to examine additional essays or you need extra help, your counselor is available for an hourly fee. To learn more about our editing services, click here.
- After examining your applications, your counselor can give you advice that will help you ensure that you have filled them out in an effective, complete, and timely manner.
- Parents gain additional peace of mind knowing that an expert admissions counselor has examined and assessed your admissions materials. If desired, parents are welcome to participate in any part of the evaluation process.
- Preparing college applications can be a stressful process. Those who work with an admissions counselor often experience less stress and report feelings of higher levels of confidence and control throughout the process than those who work on their own.
- The admissions process can be confusing and complex. By getting an Admissions Evaluation from Ivy Academic Prep, you can ask our expert counselors questions and gain confidence that you have created a college application that will stand out from the crowd.